Growing Instructions for Tomatoes:
Season: Warm-season crop, after the last frost.
Soil: Well-draining, fertile soil, pH 6.0-7.0.
Planting: Start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. Transplant when seedlings have true leaves.
Spacing: Plant 18-36 inches apart, depending on variety.
Watering: Maintain consistent soil moisture, avoiding waterlogged conditions.
Sunlight: Full sun, at least 6-8 hours daily.
Support: Provide stakes or cages for support as plants grow.
Pruning: Remove lower leaves for better air circulation and disease prevention.
Harvest: Depending on variety, typically 60-85 days after transplanting.
Nutrition (per 100g):
- Calories: Approx. 18 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: Mainly natural sugars.
- Vitamins: Rich in vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Minerals: Contains potassium and small amounts of calcium.
- Antioxidants: Lycopene provides color and health benefits.