ROSEMARY OIL – Rosmarinus officinalis
Rosemary Essential Oil
Botanical name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Part used: flowering tops
Method: Steam distillation
Perfumery note: middle
Aroma: Fresh, herbaceous, fairly camphorous.
Rosemary essential oil is very versatile, and has been widely used in cosmetic and haircare products for many years.
- As well as being very beneficial for all types of hair, both oily or dry scalp, it is believed to stimulate growth.
- The same applies to skin, rosemary oil acts as a tonic and helps with oily skin and acne.
- Diluted in a carrier oil and used for massage it increases circulation and eases muscular pain.
- Inhaled Rosemary can also ease headaches and respiratory problems.
- Used in mouthwash, and in aromatherapy to relieve stress and anxiety, believed to aid concentration.
- Rosemary is generally safe, but a skin test is recommended, and it is not advised for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Keep away from the face of young children.