Carrier Oil: Hemp
- Botanical Name: Cannabis sativa
- Family: Cannabaceae
- Extraction Method: Cold-pressing from the seeds
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Origin: Native to Central Asia
Appearance and Aroma:
- Color: Dark green to amber
- Consistency: Medium viscosity
- Aroma: Earthy, nutty, and slightly herbaceous
Properties and Characteristics:
- Texture: Hemp oil has a medium-weight texture that absorbs well into the skin.
- Nutritional Profile: It is rich in essential fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Shelf Life: Hemp oil has a relatively short shelf life of about 6 to 12 months when stored properly in a cool, dark place.
Uses and Benefits:
- Skin Care: Hemp oil is known for its moisturizing, nourishing, and soothing properties. It helps hydrate the skin, calm inflammation, and promote a healthy complexion. It can be used in facial oils, serums, and body lotions.
- Hair Care: Hemp oil can help condition and strengthen the hair, reducing breakage and promoting healthy growth. It can be used in hair oils, masks, and scalp treatments.
- General Wellness: Hemp oil is sometimes taken as a dietary supplement for its potential health benefits, including supporting heart health, brain function, and overall well-being.
- Hemp oil is generally safe for topical use. However, it may contain trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound found in cannabis. Choose THC-free hemp oil if you wish to avoid THC entirely.
- If you have any known allergies to cannabis, consult a healthcare professional before using hemp oil.
Note: This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult a healthcare professional or certified aromatherapist for personalized advice and guidance.