CLOVE LEAF OIL - syzygium aromaticum - 100% Pure
Botanical name: Syzygium aromaticum
Part used: Leaves
Colour: light yellow
Consistency: Medium to thin
Aroma: Strong, spicy
- Clove has been used medicinally for centuries, but it is mostly the bud that people know as this is widely used in cuisine.
- The oil obtained from both cloves and leaves need to be used with caution as they are considered "hot" oils, and may cause skin irritation. Always apply in a 1% dilution, and after a skin sensitivity test.
- Clove leaf is used in commercial dental preparations, can be added to mouthwashes, as it has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It will also help relieve toothache as it is an anti inflammatory.
- Used in massage blends to relieve joint pain and sore muscles.
- Clove leaf oil is good to use in the home as a disinfectant, and it will also repel insects.
- Used in vapour therapy for all respiratory tract ailments, but in small doses as it can also irritate the sensitive mucous membrane in the nostrils.
- Clove leaf oil will help with nausea and headaches, and is considered an antidepressant.
- Breath in the vapour of this oil to reduce mental fatigue and drowsiness, an aid to long distance drivers.
- Clove leaf oil is not used in aromatherapy, clove bud is.
Eugenol, b carophylene, a humulene eugenol acetate.
An essential oil to use with caution as it is very powerful. Not to be used for children or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Your premium supplier for Essential Oils, Sprouting Seeds and Natural Flea Control in South Africa.