CLOVE BUD OIL - Syzygium aromaticum - Natural & Untreated
Botanical name: Syzygium aromaticum
Part used: Cloves
Colour: light yellow
Consistency: Medium to thin
Aroma: Strong, spicy
- Clove has been used medicinally for centuries, but it is mostly the bud that people know as this is widely used in cuisine.
- The oil obtained from both cloves and leaves need to be used with caution as they are considered "hot" oils, and may cause skin irritation. Always apply in a 1% dilution, and after a skin sensitivity test.
- Used in massage blends to relieve joint pain and sore muscles.
- Used in vapour therapy for all respiratory tract ailments, but in small doses as it can also irritate the sensitive mucous membrane in the nostrils.
- Breath in the vapour of this oil to reduce mental fatigue and drowsiness, an aid to long distance drivers.
- Clove bud oil is used in aromatherapy, not clove leaf.
Eugenol, b carophylene, a humulene eugenol acetate.
An essential oil to use with caution as it is very powerful. Not to be used for children or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
A dilution of not more than 1% is recommended.
Your premium supplier for Essential Oils, Sprouting Seeds and Natural Flea Control in South Africa.