CHAMOMILE OIL (GERMAN BLUE PURE CAMOMILE) - Matricaria chamomilla - Natural & Untreated
Botanical name: Matricaria chamomilla
Part used: Flowers and buds
Method: Steam distillation
Colour: Deep Blue
Perfumery note: middle
Aroma: Herbaceous, fruity, hint of tobacco.
German Chamomile has a high Chamazulene content that with distillation becomes Azulene, which is what gives the oil it's deep blue colour. A good indication of the freshness of the oil is the depth of colour, it will fade, even to a light green, over time.
This oil is prized as an aid for dry, inflamed skin, as well as benefiting mature skin.
It will help heal burns and bruises, and fade scars.
German Chamomile oil is used in cosmetics for the skin and hair. It is a wonderful astringent, as well as being anti inflammatory, anti fungal and antiseptic, thus being able to deal with many common skin and scalp problems.
- Used in aromatherapy for it's calming properties, it relieves anxiety and aids sleep.
- Due to Chamomile's healing ability it can be used on a compress or poultice for minor wounds and injuries.
- A few drops added to the bath will help stimulate circulation and detoxing, besides being very relaxing.
- Chamomile can be used in a diffuser or vapour to inhale for relief from most respiratory tract ailment.
- As this is a precious oil it is commonly sold blended.
Chamazulene, which after distillation becomes Azulene, bisabolol, farnesol, farnasene and thujanol.
- Considered generally safe, but a skin test is recommended, and caution if pregnant ot breast feeding.
- Do not ingest.