JASMINE BLEND OIL - jasminum grandiflorum
Botanical name:Jasminum officinale
Part used: Flowers
Method: Enfleurage or solvent extraction.
Colour: Pale yellow
Consistency: Thin to medium.
Perfumery note: Middle.
Aroma: Very sweet, floral, exotic.
- Jasmine is the national flower of Pakistan, and considered a holy flower by Hindus. The flowers are used in the marriage ceremony in India.
- Jasmine oil is used in many commercially produced perfumes.
- Jasmine is unlikely to be sold as a pure oil as the cost of production is extremely high, the flowers are too delicate for steam distillation, so need to be solvent extracted or by enfleurage.
- Jasmine oil is primarily used as a sleep aid, also believed to lessen snoring, and as an aphrodisiac.
- It is an uplifting oil, so is used to treat depression and anxiety.
- Applied topically is has antiseptic properties and promotes skin healing.
Do not ingest, or use if pregnant. Avoid high doses as it is a powerful relaxant.
Your premium supplier for Essential Oils, Sprouting Seeds and Natural Flea Control in South Africa.