Argan Oil - Argania spinosa - Natural & Untreated
Botanical name: Argania spinosa
Part used: Kernel
Method: cold pressed
Colour: Golden yellow
Aroma: slightly nutty
Argan oil is obtained from the kernel of the Argan tree which grows only in a very limited area of Morocco, in 1998 the area was declared a Bioshere reserve by UNESCO.The trees are very slow growing and take between 30 and 50 years to produce fruit, hence the price of the oil.
Although comparatively pricey, this is a very rich oil and a little goes a long way.
Traditionally the fruit is eaten by goats, who can climb to the upper branches, and the undigested nuts collected and the kernels extracted. Not all kernels are harvested like this now, but it is a very practical way to do so.
- Argan oil is known as "liquid gold"as it has such a wide variety of benefits, for hair, skin and nails.
- It is a "dry oil", it is absorbed easily, is non greasy and non irritating.
- Used on the skin Argan will balance oily skin while hydrating dry skin.
- It reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars, very good to use on acne prone skin.
- Argan oil soothes inflammation and rashes on the skin, excellent to use for after shaving.
As Argan is a non greasy oil, and leaves no residue, it is great to use on the nails and cuticles, it can be applied anytime.
Argan oil is now being added to many hair care products as it is such a great conditioner. It can be used as a treatment, a leave in conditioner for dry and frizzy hair, and a few drops added to a commercial conditioner to give extra nourishment and shine.
- Use on the scalp to promote growth and clear up any dry and flaky problems.
Argan oil contains high levels of Vitamin E, and A, fatty acids and linoleic acid, and anti oxidants.
Your premium supplier for Essential Oils, Sprouting Seeds and Natural Flea Control in South Africa.