Botanical name: Cocos nucifera
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, having the lauric acid removed makes it liquid, it is then known as fractionated coconut oil.
- Coconut is a Medium Chain Saturated fatty acid, also known as MCT , medium chain triglyceride, which is very unusual from a plant source.
- MCT is believed to speed up the metabolic rate, thereby aiding weight loss, and stabilize blood sugar.
- There have been many health benefits claimed for this oil, and some positive research results.
- MCT is more easily converted into energy by the liver, and is accessed by the brain without insulin.
- It also has anti microbial and anti oxidant properties.
There are no known adverse reactions.