Apricot Kernel Oil – Prunus armeniaca - Natural & Untreated
Botanical name: Prunus Armeniaca
Part used: kernels
Method: Cold pressed
Colour: pale yellow, sometimes deeper colour.
- Apricot kernel oil has a very faint nutty aroma.
- This oil is very light, leaving no oily residue which along with it's easy absorption make it an excellent oil for massage and other cosmetic applications.
- It is widely used commercially for both skin and hair products.
- Apricot kernel oil has anti inflammatory, antiseptic, anti bacterial and anti oxidant properties.
- It is rich in vitamins E, A and C, as well as GLA, which makes it very good for soothing eczema and many other skin conditions.
- As it is non irritant it is suitable for all skin types, sensitive, mature, dry, and as it leaves no residue it is great for oily skins, but not recommended for acne prone skin.
- Due to the complete absorption and lightness of this oil it can be used under the eyes to help eliminate dark circles and puffiness and help with fine lines.
- Apricot kernel oil used as a hot oil treatment for hair, or added to conditioners and shampoo will nourish and condition without leaving a greasy feel.
- Due to it's high vitamin content when used as a scalp massage it will promote growth and clear dryness.
Apricot kernel oil is rich in vitamins A, C and E, as well as GLA.
It also contains: Oleic acid, linoleic acid, Palmitic and Stearic acids